Thursday, December 22, 2011

I've Gotten My Read On...

Near the end of 2010, my husband looked at me one night during dinner and said, "How many books do you think you've read this year?". I honestly had no idea. Since I read all the time, I imagined it would be a lot, but I wasn't sure. One of my goals for 2011 was to read 52 books over the course of the year. I reached that goal in mid-June, so I expanded it to 100. I'm currently reading my 100th book of 2011.

A lot of what I have read has been young adult lit. I'm guessing that's a casualty of the job, but I'm always trying to find books that my students will read and enjoy. Some of it, however, has been great.

I will always plug The Hunger Games, but I actually read that near the end of 2010. If you haven't taken the time to read it, get your hands on it and read it soon...at least before you see the movie.

Two of my top favorite YA books I read in 2011 were If I Stay by Gayle Forman and The Sky is Everywhere by Jandy Nelson. Both are stories of terrible loss, but they also dig into the stories of those who are left after another family member (or more than one) is gone. If you're at all interested in YA lit, please give them a read. They are most excellent.





Both pictures are courtesy of Amazon.

No comments:

Post a Comment