Tuesday, December 20, 2011

So this is Christmas...?

While there are many reasons I love being a teacher and being married to someone who works in the school system and "gets" my frustrations, some of my very favorite teaching moments are the built-in breaks we get. It's even more fun that Hank and I get to spend them together. Of course, there are times when we have to find something else to do because our nerves are shot from too much "together-time," but for the most part, having a very similar schedule has been good for us.

With that being said, we're obviously on two weeks of glorious Christmas break. No work, no papers to grade, no necessary early mornings. All of that is enough to bring out a chorus of rejoicing!

Today, we ventured to the country to meet up with our friend, Fennel, who works in law enforcement for us to shoot our gun. This is something my sweet husband is very into. We quickly discovered it's not really my thing. Other than shooting a BB gun with my daddy when I was little girl, I had never actually shot a gun before today. It jumps and smokes and all that jazz that just isn't for me. Hank had a blast though, hitting cans and targets and generally making a whole lot of noise.



I think we're probably still on the search for a "couple hobby" because this one most certainly wasn't it.

No comments:

Post a Comment