Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Rainy Days and Tuesdays

It's raining here today. Actually, I think raining is kind of an understatement. Can monsoon be a verb? If so, it's monsooning here. The wind is ferocious and has whipped my two little outdoor trees off my porch and down my steps. What is there to do other than stay bundled up in the house and spend countless hours on Pinterest? Well, I could "undeck" my halls and take down all my Christmas decor, but I'm just really not feeling that right now.

Hank stayed up late painting furniture for our laundry room redo, and he's still in bed with sweet Tallulah Jane. I assure you, those two would sleep all day if it were an option in life.

Yesterday, I attempted to get crafty. My cousin, Emily, is with child...baby girl child, to be exact, and her shower is on Saturday. I got in my head yesterday that I would go ahead and sew up some of her gifts. The sewing thing is still coming along, though I'm starting to feel like I don't have that natural knack for it that my mother seems to possess. Sewing a straight line is sometimes difficult for me. However, I successfully created a monogram taggie toy after an unsuccessful attempt. Today's goal is to make some burp cloths. We'll see how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment