Tuesday, December 27, 2011

A Sassy Yellow Pillow

It's currently 1:19 in the morning, and yet, I'm still awake. I'm not even really sure why I happen to be awake; I'm usually the type of person who's done with living around 10 p.m. I need eight hours of sleep a night to be considered fully functioning. No, we don't have kids, and as mentioned in the previous post, my sweet Tallulah would sleep all day if we didn't force her to get out of bed and walk around the house.

I had been so discouraged with the whole sewing thing that I decided to sit down tonight and make something I knew would be successful...a new pillow cover for one of our pillows. We needed some new spunky pillows for our lavender room, and I am smitten with this fabric that I picked up from Joann's. I'm hoping it will make its appearance in my first ever attempt at a quilt.

So here you have it...a sassy yellow pillow.

Not too shabby for 1 in the morning...oh, and that cute little chair? My husband refinished it for me and upholstered it with leather for our "leather" anniversary last year. :) He's a keeper.

No comments:

Post a Comment