Sunday, January 1, 2012

A Man of Honor...and a Duck

When I was in college, I was blessed with the very best friend God could have ever placed in my life. We met when we were both orientation leaders one summer, and then we ended up as RAs in the same building for the duration of our college experience.

Though our college days ended nearly five years ago, we still keep in touch. Neither of us is good at calling or texting or even Facebooking really, but our friendship is comfortable and familiar, like an old pair of worn blue jeans or a smelly pair of sandals that you've had forever.

Patrick was my Man of Honor in my wedding. My closest friends weren't girls, and I didn't feel like giving someone the title just to say I had a "Maid of Honor." He spent the day of my wedding helping me get ready and fluffed my train so I wouldn't look like a fool. He's helped me move 100 times (or so it feels like), and he is one of my most favorite people in the world.

The visual definition of BFF

No comments:

Post a Comment