Saturday, January 7, 2012

Slow-Paced Saturday

I love a Saturday. It is definitely one of my favorite days of the week. I love waking up, realizing I have no pressing things to do like go to work or church and rolling over to catch just an hour or so more of sleep. There are few things as relaxing as my Saturday mornings.

Now, I'm sitting here, looking around my house at all that needs to be done to get it "straight," and thinking I should have set my alarm clock this morning. Four years into this marriage, and Hank and I still really haven't found a cleaning schedule that keeps our house insanely neat at all times. And more than most people, I love an insanely neat house. Something about it comforts me and makes me go to sleep with a smile on my face.

Somehow, though I absolutely love a clean house and the smell of cleanliness, I am not a cleaner. This is a personality flaw, I'm sure, but the idea of intense cleaning overwhelms me, and I'm usually left not really knowing where to start. In our family, Hank is the cleaner...and the cooker...and the laundry-doer, you know all those normal jobs that 1950s men declared were for women. He sometimes jokes that he'd make some man a wonderful wife.

This year, I've declared that I'm going to be much more helpful around the house with tidying and cleaning and laundering, but I haven't yet figured out my system. Do you have a weekly cleaning system that enables you to keep your house tidy at all times? If so, please share. This 2012 woman is in desperate need of one!

No comments:

Post a Comment