Tuesday, January 3, 2012

2012 is COLD!

I don't think our heat ever turned off last night. It's insanely cold in South Carolina, much colder than we're used to. My sweet husband wore a t-shirt, sweater, sweatshirt, and jacket as well as a pair of khakis with jogging pants underneath them today. I guess it goes without saying that our classrooms are suffering from the cold weather just as much as anything else.

So far, I'm doing okay on my New Year's Goals. :) My sister and I walked 1.4 miles yesterday (in the cold), and I took my vitamins and thyroid medicine. I'm hoping that I'll be able to start telling a difference in the way I feel after taking my meds religiously for a few weeks.

While my BFF, Patrick, was in town, he helped me pick out some "running shoes." Since we graduated from college, Patrick has become much healthier and runs nearly every day. I'm super-jealous. Throughout my life, there have been a few things I wanted to become: a prima ballerina, the first woman President of the United States, and a runner. My goals, obviously, have been very varied over the years. At this point, I've given up on the ballet and politics, but I still very much want to run. My sister and I are going to walk briskly for a few weeks and then we're going to attempt Couch to 5K.

Beware, Patrick, the next time you show your face around here, I'll outrun you. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment