Thursday, January 5, 2012

Anniversary Brick

I'm sure there are some people in our great society who would read the title of this blog post and infer something very different altogether. The truth is that my husband and I recently celebrated our anniversary. FOUR glorious years, people! We go to our local library a lot, and every time we go, we always point out the bricks placed there in memory of people we know. I guess it's pretty obvious where this is going. For our anniversary, he had a break installed at the library for me. This is it:
Not sure why it's sideways. Perhaps it's taking a hint from my sideways day.


My New Year's goals have been going pretty well this week. I've read two books, eaten well, haven't spent way too much money, and managed to walk every day. Next week will be when the real challenge begins because I start back at my second job and begin my last Master's class (Thank you, Jesus). I just have to make time to eat right and get my exercise on. I need to shed at least 60 pounds so eventually Hank and I will be ready for a baby.

Apparently, my walking is helping me sleep better at night. In fact, it might be making me sleep too well. I am supposed to wake up at 5:45 in the morning to get myself up, showered, dressed, fed, and ready for school. Setting the alarm for 5:45 gives me approximately ten minutes to hit the snooze button (two times on my clock), and leaves me about five minutes to spare in case my getting ready hits a snafu. This morning? This morning I woke up at 6:51. I'm supposed to be at school at 7:45 and have a 20 minute commute. Getting ready was a challenge, but I did shower. There was, however, no time for food. This likely led to the faulty food choice at lunch. I've just budgeted my points to make up for it. McDonald's Southern Style Chicken Sandwich, you were 11 points of chickeny goodness.

I'm hoping to sleep well tonight, but not sleep over in the morning. Pray for that, too, will you?

No comments:

Post a Comment